- a consortium comprised of Westinghouse, Adtranz, and Kvanerner.
National Developments Group, Transmission Based Train Control Development.
Consultants under took a number of assignments including;
- Development of the safety and performance models for target
apportionment and evaluation of candidate products and architectures
to meet those requirements. Models included existing and proposed, use
cases, object models, state models, and links to requirements
- Bid support, developing elements of the Systems Engineering
Management Plan, Integrated Programme, and Proposal. Presentations to
Board Level tender assessment panel. Dealing with tender assessment
- Develop Safety, RAM, and Human Factors Programme Plans
- Prepare initial safety case and make presentations to Railtracks
- Advise on modelling methods for functionality, including role of Use
Cases and Object Models to map onto an existing structured model.
Develop draft procedure.
- Define high level system engineering process with an emphasis on
requirements and V&V processes. This model was based on a work
- Implemented the requirements and V&V work flow process to allow
requirements to be tracked from stakeholder needs, through
specification, to realisation. It included change control support,
programme management and risk interfaces and integrated management
progress reports. This was implemented using a custom
configuration of the DOORS requirements tool.
As part of
pre-contract award and de-risking Beaver Computer Consultants under took a
work package whose scope was;
- Review of the ITT
and supporting documents to determine completeness and correctness of
the functionality, and its specified performance and reliability.
- Review of the
tenderers proposals in the area of performance and reliability.
- Review of the
existing DOORS information model used in the project.
- Development of
SSL's requirements and V&V process and configuration of the DOORS
tool to support that process. This included preparing an
information model framework and loading in contract and other
documents, and preparing modules for holding future V&V
information and production of results.
||Corporate process definition
and project team support
process model, IPDS, needed to be tailored to RSL in the UK and localised
for the markets they serve. Beaver are providing services to;
- Examine the
existing processes, identify areas for improvement in reducing errors,
resource requirements, and turn round time, and integrate these
improvements into the process model.
- Tailoring IPDS to take account of RSL's local needs, and satisify
the objective of reaching Level 3 CMMI in relevant key processes.
- Developing a DOORS
information model to implement parts of the process model, provide
process progress and quality statistics, and integrate the tools with DocExpress
and other applications.
- Develop a
migration strategy to move from DOORS version 4.1.4 to Version 5 and
enhance the architecture to support the future systems engineering
- Develop a strategy
for baselining and version control of the requirements database and
the output specifications and integrate into the Corporate
configuration management procedure.
- Writing and
delivering training courses for a variety of DOORS user groups, and
delivery of initial courses. The courses are focused on the
process and how to use DOORS to implement the process.
Systems Limited site
IPDS at the US site
Raytheons worldwide corporate
||Development for Products and
Internal Systems including ERP, CRM, Billing, Finance, Accounts.
||Beaver are advising this world leader in the creation of a
new development environment for a component based EIA framework down
to application application or COTS customisation. The client is total
redefining all its systems for its 3G roll out over a number of countries
and needs processes, with suitable tool support, to provide solutions and
updates, quickly and with low defect rates. Our work is focused on;
- Definition of lower level systems and software development life
cycle processes, particulary for requirements, V&V, defect
management, and change control
- Advising on tool integration covering requirements, SCM, defect
management, business modelling, analysis and design tools, and testing
- Providing initial process based tool requirement tool
- Advising on the traceability strategy and information model
(database schema) for use in the requirements tool and its integration
with business modelling, analysis and design, and test tools.
The objective of the project is to provide an environment for the
client which provides the basis for CMMI Level 3 capability. Our
strategy is to advise on broader issues including roles and professional
development. The approach is used open methods and standards where
practical such as ITIL and ISM.
|Contact us for
addition to the above assignments Beaver Computer Consultants senior
consultants have a held senior positions and work on other significant
and Industry Sectors
- London Underground
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plants
- National Health Service and construction projects including
factories, land reclamation, housing, and general architectural and
- Oil & Gas
- Overall system level analysis of current position, objectives, and
modelling of core business processes using SSM, SSADM, and physical
and organisational partitioning
- Safety and Risk Models.
- Control Room process, functionality, and human factors studies.
- Preparing ITT's and Scope of Works, structured tender assessment and
contract management and audit.